Friday, May 24, 2013

Fast Track to Graduation

After he attended preschool, Clark decided he wanted to move along quicker with his education. In one day, he made it through kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade at Walnut Elementary outside of Crawfordsville. Lucky for him, Brady - our niece - asked him to be a special guest in her 2nd grade class. He was so popular that the 1st grade decided to join, and then we visited Delanie - our other niece - and her kindergarten class. Everyone loved Clark, they each were able to pet him, and He was the hit of the school! After I told the kids a little bit about skunks, I let them raise their hands with questions. Some had great questions, some had random comments which usually where hilarious, and some just liked to have their hand raised because they would forget their question when I called on them! Let me share:

Questions and comments from 1st and 2nd graders.........

- Where does he go to the bathroom?
- Why can't he spray?
- I once had a blind chicken.
- What does he eat?
- What would happen if a bald eagle came flying down at him when you had him outside?
- Does he eat flies?
- How do you tell if he is a boy or girl? (You have to love that question!)
- My uncle has a cat.
- What do his whiskers do?
- He is just adorable.
- Will he eat an ant?
- Will he attack your dog?
- They smell on the side of the road.
- Will he spray?
- Where does he go when he is sick?
- What happens if you are sick and the skunk is sick?
- We have baby raccoons.
And maybe my favorite: My great great great great grandpa had baby skunks!

Clark did a great job, and he was so well behaved even when all the kids were petting him. He must really like school! I think at the rate he is going, I might have to start planning his graduation open house soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment