Wednesday, September 4, 2013

365 more days to live out my 20's


Birthdays....... Here one day and gone the next, but for that one day it can be a quick reminder of love, friendship, and family. 
I had a fabulous day: slept in (which is one of my favorite things to do), sat outside on my bday present- new patio furniture:
and ate the best BLT for breakfast (yes.....  It is that time of year) all while watching the hummingbirds! For some, that may sound ridiculously boring but for me, extremely relaxing! I also love trying new things, so I decided to make pasta sauce and can it for the winter. Surprisingly, it turned out amazing and I'm not sure that it's going to last to winter!! 
I then had a wonderful dinner with family at my favorite Italian restaurant. We don't eat out much as a family, so this was special. It was all wonderful until they came around with a huge candelabra and sang to me. I'm really not a fan of being the center of attention, and I sort of wanted to crawl under the table and hide like I did as a kid at Shoney's when they sang to me. Never-the-less, I kept a smile and thanked those who had to embarrass themselves by singing in public! 
It dawned on me later in the day, that it has been two yrs since I have spent a bday in the States. Last year, I was in Kenya. It was a wonderful day there, but there is something about being with family and friends, getting phone calls, hugs, messages, and cards that make it special. 
I receive the best birthday card ever this year- complete with a pop out of a skunk! Nice job Darin! You found the perfect one!!! 

Thanks to all who are part of my life and who have helped to shape me into who I am today. You mean more to me than you could ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment