Friday, October 18, 2013

BeD PaNs!!!

Ok. Here is treasure #1 from covered bridge. It only took me 20 min to find once we got there, and it will probably be the best find of the year! 


Any guesses?? 



Drum roll please..........



Here it is: 


Yes it's a bed pan. It's not just your typical white antique bed pan, it's a child's bed pan!!  I didn't even know these were made! I was so excited after finding it. 
So what will I do with it?  
If you have ever been to our house, then you know exactly where it is going. If you haven't been to our house, then let me explain:
Our main level bathroom is decorated with antique medical equipment and treasurers!!   Bed pans and urinals make a border on the upper portion of the walls, I love finding old medical bottles, bandaid containers, syringes, gauze packages, and more!   


Love love love my gas mask (thx Aunt Jo) and the wooden container the smallpox vaccine once came in! 


We turned this rectangle bed pan into a magazine rack. It works perfect!! The box is an old stomach tube! 


I love finding things that fit in the bathroom decor, but I truly treasure items that have been given to us because most come with a story or from a local medical professional! The business card in this medicine cabinet is from a doctor who practiced in Yeddo, In! Who knew Yeddo had a physician at one time?!?!?


Can't wait to head to covered bridge this weekend...... More treasures to come......



No comments:

Post a Comment