Thursday, October 17, 2013

Watch out for the FLEAS!!!

If you are from Western Indiana, you know exactly what this means: 10 days of bumper to bumper traffic on normal country roads, tons of yard sales, a multitude of out of state vehicles,  those who are lost while trying to find covered bridges, junk to sort through, dogs in strollers, and pop-up flea markets. Although most who live around it all, hate it.........I LOVE every minute of it!!!! Whether you call it flea marketing, fleaing, or junking...... It's all the same: The Covered Bridge Festival! 
        The Covered Bridge Festival takes place in October when the fall foliage is beautiful and vibrant, and the weather is just the right temperature to enjoy apple cider, chili, Amish noodles, and much more!  There is so much to do: drive around and enjoy the scenery and covered bridges, walk around and enjoy the entertainment, and sort through antiques, homemade crafts, and delicious local food vendors. The three main areas to visit are Mansfield, Bridgeton and Rockville. 
       I love it all, and plan on attending multiple days each year! Not only do I love visiting the three main areas, but I also enjoy visiting the Amish and the small barn sales that are all around. I have my favorite food vendors: noodles by the Bridgeton Mill, beef tips & mushrooms, buttery corn on the cob, fried cheese curd guys along the main street, and any free sample I come by!!  I also enjoy checking out the antiques, junk, crafts, and the different "knock-offs" each year! Some of my best finds have come from this three day festival! 
 

 Stay tuned for some of my treasures from the 57th annual Covered Bridge Festival (or the "junk and food place" as a city friend calls it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment