Monday, September 10, 2012

Things change - No worries

Since we have been in Kenya, we have learned that things don't always go as planned. Well today was supposed to be the first day in the NICU for Cindy and I, however, Cindy and Stephany were both very Ill and unable to leave their rooms this morning. ( I feel horrible for them bc I have been in their shoes on different trips . . . . Twice!) So instead of being in the unit, I taught the second group of nurses their first day of training. The day went well, and Stephany was able to make it to the end of the afternoon. I was able to go to the unit for a while: 48 babies, continued nursing shortage, 800 gram baby on a warmer bc there are no more isolettes; yet positive attitudes and smiles.


Stephany's motto for the trip: Hakuna Matata - no worries. Fits well for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment