Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gifts

I've heard many sermons since I was little about using your God given talent to help serve The Lord. There are so many gifts and talents that can be used in many different ways. Some are more obvious than others (worship band, preaching, yard work around the church, teaching Sunday School....) 

Well: 
I don't play a musical instrument.
Im not great at dancing. 
I do not have a preaching degree. 
I get hives when I speak in public. 
And I definitely can not sing!  

After shopping today for needed items for Africa, I decided I might be able to add couponing/bargain shopping as a gift God has blessed me with!  I love cutting coupons and finding the best deals possible. I'm not as good as those ladies on Extreme Couponing - I've never bought $600 worth of groceries to only spend pennies, but over the last few weeks and finishing up today, I was able to get awesome deals on supplies for our trip! I hope those who are blessed by these items may feel the everlasting love of Christ. 

220 toothbrushes for $10

Toothpaste, antibiotic cream, hydrocortisone cream, and much needed   oral analgesic cream - less than $1 each

Nail polish - not a necessity, but what little girl wouldn't feel a little better about herself with painted nails, especially if she has never had her nails painted before? 12 bottles - $10

Best deal of the day: bandaids and Advil pm - Free (with coupons of course!!)


Romans 12:6-8
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment